Saturday, April 21, 2012

Today was one of those good days on the emotional roller coaster.  This morning was a little tough, hence the earlier post with all of my feelings.  But there was a lot of smiling and cuddling that makes up for the hard times.  Stephen is eating so well and even nursed today.  This little guy is amazing.  I absolutely adore looking into his eyes and could stare at him forever.  
Another highlight of the day was Michael getting to feed Stephen a whole bottle.  He didn't hold him, I did, but his face was precious.  He was so excited.  He kept telling me how much he loves his brother and how much his brother loves him.  I am telling you the boy was giddy and I wish I had a video camera.  Seeing our children pour out so much love on their brother is just the best.
We are learning the balance of being with Stephen and making sure our 3 other kids feel loved and a part of all of this.  So far they have visited him all but the day he was born and will come back tomorrow for some more little brother love.  Joe and I appreciate the time we have been able to have with them too.  We try to plan it around a meal so it isn't too much extra time away from the hospital.
The Ronald McDonald House has been such a blessing.  This place is seriously amazing and in the future I fully intend on volunteering here as a family.  We have a great room and 3 meals (most days) for only $15 a day.  The have an outside play yard and basketball court which our kids never want to leave and an inside playroom with train tables, toys, books, etc.  There is a TV Room, chapel, Gym, hair salon, school room, free laundry, etc.  This place has it all and is a 5 minute walk form our room to Stephen's room.  I am so thankful for this charity and the blessing it is to our family.
Before I head off to bed I wanted to share this passage I read the other morning...

"Therefore since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.  For we do not have a high priest who is unable to emphasize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are- yet he did not sin.  Let us then approach God's throne with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need"  Hebrews 4:14-16

With much Love and Hope
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Stephen has such a precious face! What a little blessing he is! I love the verse you shared! Just wanted you to know that Liesel came back from Sunday school talking all about how Michael got to give Stephen a bottle and how much he loves his little brother. She said their Sunday school class prayed together for Stephen.
    Love,
    Alicia Young

    ReplyDelete