Thursday, April 26, 2012

Prayer Requests

Thank you for all of your prayers...we know that God is faithful and that He is the reason our precious Stephen is doing so well.  Tonight we got to see him move his little feet and hands...something so small and simple yet a small step on is road to recovery.  One of my favorite nurses is caring for him tonight.  We are so grateful for what they are doing for our son...we thank them every time we leave the room.  It pains me as a mom to not be able to physically help.  I told her tonight that I wish I could have put a bandaid over his little heart to make it all better...but that is where my expertise stops.  However today and this past week I have been reminded about the power of prayer.  I pray for each person who cares for Stephen.  I may not be able to do what they do but I can ask God to guide them as they do it.  I ask for His spirit to fill the room and for His strength to be made perfect in Stephen's weakness.  I can pray my little heart out for Stephen and in a sense be a part of his healing.  I thank you all for taking part of his recovery.  They know he is special...and we all know why =0)
Please continue to pray...
- Pray for continued healing and recovery for Stephen with no complications
- Pray for the doctors and nurses who are giving him care.  Pray that God would continue to use their passion and skill to help our son and that His spirit would move in their hearts.
-Pray that Joe and I can be a witness in this NICU.  We have loved all of the nurses, doctors and surgeons we have met...what a joy it would be for them to know Christ =0)
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

Psalm 100
"Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. 
Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. 
 Know that the LORD is God. 
It is he who made us, and we are his
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 
 Enter his gates with thanksgiving 
and his courts with praise;
 give thanks to him and praise his name. 
 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations"

2 comments:

  1. I called Audrey today during Stephen's surgery, crying, thanking her for being a PICU nurse. I am not sure I can ever grasp what it is like to care for these precious babies as a nurse or doctor. We are praying all the time. The prayers that have come from my kids are so sweet, spontaneous, and sincere. They adore their cousin and look at his pictures all the time. Thanks for the reminder to also pray for his doctors and nurses all the time and not just during surgery.

    Selfishly wishing I could hug you all. Content to pray!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praising God with you! Will continue to ask the Lord to hold little Stephen in the palm of His hand, healing, strengthening, loving him. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow. Elaine & Charlie

    ReplyDelete