Thursday, April 12, 2012

Doing Fine

I am often asked "how are you doing?" and generally the answer is "I am doing fine".   "Fine" in the last week of pregnancy means my feet are swollen, my ribs are bruised, my back aches, I get about 4 hours of sleep per night and go to the bathroom every 3 or 4 minutes...but I am fine =0)  Anyone who has ever carried a child knows what I am talking about!  God gives you 9 months to prepare yourself for your baby.  Labor never seems like much fun so as the day approaches you think "maybe they could stay in here just a little longer".  So to make it easier he allows you to be so uncomfortable and sleep deprived that almost anything sounds better than this child continuing to grow inside of you.  With that said I am definitely looking forward to Stephen's arrival and to have his cute little feet not play footsies with my ribs.
Today I had my last OB appointment.  Is was short and sweet.  The doctor shook my hand and congratulated me for having not had him yet...if that makes sense.  He was certain he would have been here by now.  I asked about bedrest and he seems to think at this point it is up to me.  If I want to try to have him stay put until Tuesday he suggests I continue to lie around but Stephen would be fine if he was born now.  Tomorrow marks 11 days before his due date which is the same time our little Audrey decided to come out and surprise us.  I know he will be big enough and developed enough, but there is something about the scheduled induction that seems easier.  Logistically we would have childcare set and the entire team of doctors would be prepared to receive him, etc.  If if wants to pop out in the middle of the night I can't do much about it but it sure would be a lot crazier...which is exactly why I am convinced he will come at 2 in the morning on a weekend.  Why take the easy route when you can continue to give your mom and dad a run for their money?
I have my last non stress test and ultrasound tomorrow and then we just wait.  The anticipation kills me.  Last night I had dreams I was in labor and I actually woke up having contractions...that made sleeping impossible.  Today I had Joe a little worried when I went well over an hour having contractions every 4 minutes.  I thought nothing of it.  I have just gotten used to it by now.  I have them every day, they get a little stronger, but then they go away.  I think he just likes messing with me =0)
Tomorrow I hope to share a very cool story about how God has clearly been orchestrating our stay here...so stay tuned.
Please continue to pray for the delivery, whenever it may be.  Pray that it is an uneventful, surprise free delivery with no stress on baby and an easy recovery for mom.
Thank you all for you love and encouragement.  Your comments, emails and messages are a blessing...and your prayers are lifting us up.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're doing "fine." At the right time Christ died for the ungodly and at the right time Stephen will be born.

    ReplyDelete