So far we have taken a picture of him each day, a suggestion by the nurses, so that when all is said and done you can see the slow progression of his recovery. If you remember form an earlier post I asked for prayer to not pass out when seeing all of the "stuff" that comes along with surgery, etc. I have a long history of passing out which started with me falling to the ground at the doctors office after a finger poke, and passing out in 4th grade just looking at a picture of a test tube of blood in a textbook. Now I don't think I am completely over my fear/anxiety, I am sure it will spring up again, but God has exceeded any expectation I had in regards to this. I have done fine with all the "gross" tubes and even had them explain each one.
We wanted to share the picture from yesterday, not to shock you, but to show you the reality of what our son and family are living through. Open heart surgery is a big deal and before this we would have no clue all that goes with it. I think we are going to wait until we can put it side by side with another one, in a week or so, so you can see the progression rather than just his current state. I promise to title the post with a big WARNING so you won't have to look if you don't want to.
Please continue to pray for healing and strength and that by tomorrow he can be breathing on his own =0)
"The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all;
he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken"
Psalm 34:17-20




Thanks for the update Kim! We are so happy & thankful to hear that he continues to recover well! We are praying for little Stephen in his recovery & the road ahead, as well as the family & all those caring for him! We love you so much & are so thankful to God for all of the answered prayers!
ReplyDeleteOur daughter had her third open heart surgery in January. I remember all too well the different emotions, fears, and struggles involved in her healing. God was with her and our family every step of the way. May you always feel His presence as your family begins this journey with Stephen.
ReplyDelete