Sunday, April 15, 2012

God's Plan

Okay, I am sorry for the lack of the post I promised but I have been too tired to type and my brain just couldn't come up with words.  Basically God is good =0)  He knows exactly what we need and has been taking care of us down to the details.  We ended up at at a different hotel than we were planning on staying at due to the earlier relocation.  Finding a hotel with availability in San Diego right in the middle of spring break was not an easy task.  The only room open was a 2 bedroom suite for $200 a night.  No we are not rich...but we needed a place to sleep so we took it.  It is the perfect set up for our family.  We have a full kitchen, 2 separate bedrooms and a living room.  The plan was to stay here 6 nights until our original reservations in Mission Valley and then pack up and move hotels for a cheaper 1 bedroom room.
So here is where God comes in.  A good friend of our from church actually knows the general manager at the hotel we are staying at.  She took the time to come down here and speak with him on our behalf.  I can only begin to tell you what a blessing that was.  He gave us a discounted rate of only $100 per night!!!  Not only that but they had no availability for Friday night in the 2 bedroom (we had originally only booked 6 nights) so they called their other reservations and moved people around so we wouldn't have to leave our room.  They have been so good to our family.  We have already spent 9 nights here...2 more to go!  What could have been a cramped, stressful situation has turned out to be a nice little retreat with some good quality time spent together as a family.
Joe and I have so appreciated the time we have had with our kids.  We are going to miss them so much over the next month.  Once Stephen is born we are hoping to stay at the Ronald McDonald House and our kids will be back in Fallbrook staying with family.  Yes they will be able to visit us but it won't be the same to only see them for a few hours at a time.  The fact that we have had these past 10 days together has been so nice.  God knows what we need when we need it.  He as been preparing all of us for these events and he has taken care of us.  Had I not had to come down early I would have spent the past week trying desperately  to organize everything.  I had big plans to clean out the entire garage =0)  Instead I rested... and I don't doubt that rest was exactly what I needed.  Not being able to pack my own bags wasn't easy but it showed me that others are more than capable and willing to help out.
God knows what we need best.  I would have thought I needed to get things done.  A Costco trip, cleaning, organizing, packing, arranging...those were my plans.  Learning to rest and trust was God's plan.  I think he was right =0)

1 comment:

  1. So true. Glad things have been going well these last few days. Thinking of you and praying for Stephen's safe delivery. Take care! - Larissa

    ReplyDelete