Friday, August 17, 2012

Stephen was taken back around noon so we don't expect to hear anything until 5 or 6 tonight.  I have been doing surprisingly well today and give all the credit where it is do.  God is so good and so faithful.  This morning I started to cry at the thought of this surgery but something clicked and I was abe to hold some of my thoughts captive.  You see I tend to be over dramatic...just a little, and can allow my mind to take me places that it honestly just doesn't need to go.  I like to think of my self as an optimistic pessimist...I prepare for the worst but hope and pray for the best, but today I decided to try something different.  I am going to trust that all will be ok, irregardless of the outcome.  The words from Job came to my mind "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.  The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away, may the name of the LORD be praised"
Today I am doing my best to trust in God and all I know to be true.  I am not going to think of the worst and what could go wrong...it would break me.  "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see"  I have been and will continue to prayerfully go through today knowing that God is the creator and ruler of all things and that he is holding our precious Stephen in His mighty hands.  God if the giver of life and the ultimate healer and in Him I will put my faith.
I know God is with him and is with us and somehow he is working all these things out for His glory.  
Please continue to pray.  We will give a quick update when we here from then

"O most loving Father, who willest us to give thanks for all things, to dread nothing, but the loss of thee, and to cast all our care on thee, who carest for us; Preserve us from faithless fears and worldly anxieties, and grant that no clouds of this mortal life may hide from us the light of that love which is immortal  and which thou hast manifested unto us in thy Son, Jesus Christ our LORD.  Amen".

1 comment:

  1. so did the surgery go SUPER fast or was that just me? it seemed like he went in a little late & came out earlier then expected, no?

    ReplyDelete