Yesterday my little sister got married. It was such a sweet day. She looked absolutely stunning and I was so grateful that I was able to stand beside her as she said her vows. I feared missing that day since we found out about Stephen's condition. I love weddings and love my sister. It was truly a blessing we got to be a part of the celebration.
Gretchen's upcoming wedding got me thinking alot about my family. One of the reasons I wanted to have a large family was because of the relationship I have with my siblings. The four of us are so close and I love them each dearly. This journey has all the more showed me how blessed I am to have them in my life. We truly do share life's joys and sorrows. The love and concern they had for me this past month is touching. In my darkest time they cried and hurt too. I haven't been very talkative lately...shocking I know. This blog has been a great way to communicate because verbally relaying Stephen's condition or thoughts, feeling, enmotions, etc was impossible. No part of me wanted to talk on the phone and for awhile I didn't even want to see people. It was too hard and too painful. It was muh easier to just live in the moment rather than talk about it or try to explain it. But they let me go through it the best I knew how. When I needed space they gave it I when I needed them there they came. I have never felt more loved by them.
It also amazed me at how well my parents know me. I makes sense I guess...they have known me my whole life. =0) I didn't have to say how I was doing or what I needed...they just knew. They know my roller coaster of emotions. My highs are high and my lows are low. The best part about my family is that they are willing to ride that roller coaster with me. This past month had it share of highs and lows but my family comforted and prayed us through those lows and rejoiced with us in the highs.
Yesterday was simply beautiful. We came together again and shared in the marriage of Gretchen and Matt. And the best part is we gained another brother into our family. =0) I look forward to sharing life with them. I want to be there for their ups, which I hope are many, and their downs, which I pray are few.
Thank you...I love you all so much and am so grateful for the love of family =0)




Another gracious gift that God allowed Stephen to recover quickly so you could share Gretchen's special day. Best wishes and congratulations to the newlyweds!
ReplyDelete