Matt Hammitt, the lead singer of the Christian group Sanctus
Real, had a son born with a very similar heart defect as Stephen’s. This video (see link below) is the introduction of his song “All
of Me”. The words bring me to tears
every time. These words describe how we
feel so beautifully.
I don’t only cry watching this video, I weep. Joe and I have chosen to love Stephen recklessly with our whole hearts. The words "I'm so close to what I can't control" bring me right back to the moment I watched him be wheeled away to the OR. I love this child so much, more than words can describe, and yet his life is not in my hands...none of ours are. I am so grateful for the surgeons, doctors and nurses who have cared for Stephen, but I find my peace in knowing that his care does not stop in mans hands alone. God is the ultimate healer and he has held Stephen in his hands, even before he was born. God has given us this precious little life to care for and Stephen will know our love, all of it.
" I won't let sadness steal you from my arms. I won't let pain keep you from my heart.
Trade the fear of all that I could lose, for every moment I share with you"
Could I move on, if you were torn away?
I'm so close to what I can't control
I can't give you half my heart, and pray it makes you whole
You're gunna have all of me, you're gunna have all of me,
Cuz you're worth every fallen tear, you're worth facing every fear
You're gunna know all my love, even if it's not enough
Enough to mend our broken hearts, giving you all of me is where I'll start.
I won't let sadness steal you from my arms
I won't let pain keep you from my heart
Trade the fear of all that I could lose, for every moment I share with you
[ Lyrics from: _of_me.html ]
You're gunna have all of me, you're gunna have all of me,
Cuz you're worth every fallen tear, you're worth facing any fear
You're gunna know all my love, even if it's not enough
Enough to mend our broken hearts, giving you all of me is where I'll start.
Heaven broke into this moment, it's too wonderful to speak
You're worth all of me, you're worth all of me
So let me recklessly love you, even if I bleed
You're worth all of me, you're worth all of me
You're gunna have all of me, you're gunna have all of me,
Cuz you're worth every fallen tear, you're worth facing any fear
You're gunna know all my love, even if it's not enough
Enough to mend our broken hearts, giving you all of me is where I'll start




This made me cry. Thanks for sharing your heart on choosing to love whole heartedly. It cannot be easy.
ReplyDeleteLove the family picture with nothing on Stephen's face :o)
Love the family picture! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and this song. Your words are a reminder of who is in control.
ReplyDeleteLove & prayers,
Chris & Joyce