Saturday, May 12, 2012

Today has been a long day but it is good to be home =0)   I almost cried a handful of times.  As we left the hospital I couldn't help but reflect on this past month and all that we have been through.  The emotional are still very fresh and a thought can bring you right back to how you felt at a certain moment. It is so difficult to try to describe in words what we feel and have felt, how life has been and will be.  Sometimes it even feels like a blur and I wonder if it all really happened.  It has been such a different experience, unlike anything we have lived through before.  I am so grateful for the cardiac support group at Rady's.  When you think nobody else will understand what you are going through, or be able to grasp exactly what our life has been like, we have a group of other moms and dads who have lived through the same thing.  There is comfort in knowing others that can truly relate to you.  They have already given me good advice on dealing with the at home monitor...buy a bottle of wine =0)

Michael, Lizzie and Audrey greeted Stephen with huge smiles today.  They are so excited to have him at home.  It is so sweet to see their love for him.  They instantly tried to give him toys to play with and Lizzie even asked if he could walk.  Kids are too cute!

I of course came home and saw a million things that need to get done.  I am going to try to take it slow and give my kids the time they deserve, but man I have some major organization and unpacking to attend to!  This is going to be a very busy week.  My sister is getting married on Friday (so excited I get to go) and the Matron of Honor needs to get herself a dress =0)  This will not be an easy task but my mom Gretchen and I are making an attempt tomorrow.  We also have home care coming twice a week, the first appointment is tomorrow, a doctor appointment on Monday with his pediatrician, and a follow up with surgery Wednesday.  We may even be seeing the cardiologist...who knows.  They are watching him closely and I am just fine with that.

The best part of the day...our family is together again.  
Welcome Home Stephen =0)


6 comments:

  1. So thankful! Happy Mothers' Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. & cue giant lump in my throat! SO happy he is home!!! have a wonderful time today, mother's day x 4!!! God is so good <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Happy Blessed Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, I know you're probably so full of unsolicited suggestions - so, I thought I'd give you one more (:-} I had monitors with both Rachel and Rebecca and found, just as you did, that they went off constantly, and we flew out of bed, hearts racing each time. We ended up using the "stickies" like they used in the hospital, rather than the belt -- they were much less sensitive to movement, and when they did go off they were generally accurate. They can be rough on his skin (we rotated the sites as much as possible, have to be removed for baths, and they were more expensive, but we slept much better -- no alarms, but with peace of mind.

    So, now in addition to my prayers -- you have my '2 cents worth'

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOD IS AMAZING!!!! I am so very happy he is home, love the pictures, and the new addition fits in perfectly :) praying for continued progress and smooth transitioning!

    ReplyDelete