Sunday, May 13, 2012



Happy Mother's Day!!!

Well we survived our first night home!  We basically got no sleep...but that was expected.  Stephen slept well but his monitor went off every 20 minutes.  When the doctor called this morning she said he doesn't need it through the night unless we want it for a peace of mind.      Part of me likes the idea of knowing he is hooked up to something, but the other part knows I need sleep and can't live like that.  So tonight we will attempt to unhook him and see how it goes.  
Today we had his first home care visit.  It seemed pretty silly.  They listened to his heartbeat and weighed him and will then charge my insurance company $500.  He is continuing to do so well.  He is now 9lbs 15 ounces!  That means in under a month he has gained almost 2 pounds form his original birth weight despite 1 1/2 pound weight loss from the whole not being able to eat and having heart surgery thing.  This kid is seriously a champ in that department!  Please continue to pray that this keeps up. I guess eating can still become more tiring on his heart so they will continue to monitor his weight gain to see if he will need to be supplemented. 
It was so perfect that today happened to be Mother's Day. 
This morning I woke up, from the little sleep that I did get, to my kiddos bringing me breakfast in bed.  They made me M&M pancakes, sliced apples and juice.  Last night Michael asked me if I could stay in bed after they all got up so they can make me a surprise.  I love how excited they are about giving and doing something special for people.  They had such joy on their faces when they each carried their item into me.  I hope we can continue to instill the joy of giving in their little hearts.  I feel so very blessed and loved by them =0)

 Becoming a mother opens your heart to love in ways you ever thought possible.  I am so grateful for each day with these little blessings.  

Everyone asks who Stephen looks like...you tell me?
Michael

Elizabeth
Audrey
Stephen
Have a lovely night!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kim -- i left you a comment on yesterday's post my mistake. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote Audrey, but really he just looks like Stephen, as he should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much they all look so similar! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all cookie cutters - just like mine! Hee-hee! So glad to hear you are home. It must feel so good! Stephen looks so healthy and wonderful - what an amazing blessing. Praise God.
    The Ferragamo's

    PS. Hope you start getting some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is so good to be home =0) The sleep is coming...in a 2-3 hour increments =0)

      Delete
  5. Wow! And a very happy , blessed Mother's Day it must have been to have all four of your treasured blessings at home together! Praise Jesus for all that has happened! So glad to hear more good news! Turn the monitor off and get some sleep--the Lord is still in charge:) By the way, Stephen seems to look a bit like each kiddo--all adorable!
    Love,
    Alicia Young

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! We turned it off the second night...so much better =0) It is so true about God being in control. I am able to relax so much more when I remember that! God is amazing and has blessed me so much with this little guy. Still have a long road ahead but when you take it a day at a time, and enjoy each minute, it doesn't seem so daunting. And I totally agree... he is a little mixture of them all =0)

      Delete
  6. Hey, sweet family - how wonderful to hear that you are all home, as it should be :) Truly, every good and perfect gift comes from above! We will continue to pray for little Stephen and couldn't be happier for you. I think Stephen is DEFINITELY a Russell!!!! Blessings & Love, Elaine & Charlie

    ReplyDelete