Saturday, August 11, 2018

Day 12

August 11th

Today was one of the more exhausting days...but that is just because we had to juggle all 4 kids!  Seriously...I usually don't fall asleep until midnight but I am about ready to conk out at 9!  It was SO worth it though!!!

The morning started with the news that his chest X-ray was clear!!!!  Praise Jesus!  They could have pulled the tube today but I appreciate the caution after what happened last time.  So, if it is still clear in the morning, the tube is coming out!!!  I don't know if I am excited or nervous!  The last time we tried this it backfired...so lets just pray this time those pesky effusions stay away for good!

They also turned off his external pace maker and disconnected him from the box (the wires are still on him ready to go if needed).  This is pretty huge.  If the tube comes out tomorrow, and he remains in sinus rhythm, there really isn't much keeping him here!  Honestly...at that point we should be home by early/mid next week!!!  I don't want to get too excited...but for real... the end may be in sight....YAY!!!!!!



The Top is today's X-ray (with a color coded explanation of what is inside of him, the right was his X-ray 2 days ago...much cloudier and on the far left you can see like a hazy white line that goes up and down which is part of the effusion.
Color Codes...
Blue is the pigtail chest tube
Yellow is his transthoracic central line that goes straight into his heart
Green are the coils they placed in his collaterals during the cath lab back in May
Red are the permanent pace maker wires they placed and coiled up just in case they need them one day.
And I should have colored coded the temporary pace maker wires but if you look to the left of the spine you can see small wires leading out.  Those are what have been attache to the external box that was pacing his heart =)
And lastly in the center you can see the 7 wires that were used to close his sternum back up.




So Stephen had A LOT of visitors today...more than the normal mom and dad ;)
Not only did he have his siblings, but Gracie the dog came to visit and so did Wade & Beatrice!!!





























It most definitely felt like a long day, but it was a good day!  And it ended with a a nice little wipe bath and a baseball game on TV =)

Please continue to join us in prayer for his complete healing.  It will continue even when we go home!  But for now we are SO very thankful for these answers to prayer!  With that said...I am tired!  And I am going to crawl into bed and maybe even be asleep before 10!  WooHoo!!!






1 comment:

  1. Praise God. ..God is so good! His smile and joy bring tears to my eyes! Thank you for all the updates!

    ReplyDelete