Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Not the news I wanted to hear...

Finding his hand prints in the Cardiology Clinic
Today has been rough.  I went into the appointment nervous and I left feeling broken and scared.  Stephen has always done incredibly well.  His cardiologist was only having him do yearly ECHOS because his heart was so strong and he saw no reason for that to change.  My biggest fear was hearing he need the surgery sooner than later and instead I was blindsided to find out that his heart function has actually decreased...not good =(

While he is still in the normal range, he is resting at the bottom of it.  It is serious enough that he will get put on an ACE inhibitor twice a day in hopes that it will help his heart to not decrease anymore...which would be a sign of something more serious.  If Stephen's heart function were to remain where it is today for the rest of his life he would be fine...if it continues to drop we will have some serious problems.  Problems I am hoping never become a reality =(  This news was hard to hear especially because they have no idea why this happens...it just sometimes does.

As for the surgery he does not think Stephen is quite ready.  He needs to gain a little more weight and it will most likely occur 6-9 months for now.  The problem with his heart now has nothing to do with the surgery so having it (or not having it) will make no difference in its function.

So...the  plan for now is to do repeat ECHOS every 3 months and he will be seen again in October to monitor where his function is at.  Please PRAY that it does not decrease but that it will remain the same... or even better that it will miraculously increase!

These next 3-6-9 months will not be easy for me.  You may not always see the brokenness...but its there.  This is the reality of my life a heart mom.  The are high highs and low lows.  It is scary and unknown and I would really appreciate your prayers.

And though I did not receive the news I was hoping for I will praise God for how well Stephen handled it all.  He was incredible.  He laid still for 45 minutes while they took 114 pictures of his heart.  He was never worried or scared but was all smiles and even tickled the technician.  For that I am grateful!  May God continue to protect him and strengthen him and use his life to touch this world.  I hate the unknowns that lie ahead...but I am grateful to have a God that never changes and will continue to provide for all of our needs.


"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;

    he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit"



 Thank you for your faithful prayers...they truly mean the world to our family!

Much Love In Christ,
Kim



1 comment:

  1. Dear Father God,
    Thank you for precious Stephen. Thank you for placing him here on earth with with us. Thank you for his happy smiles and the joy he brings to every day. Lord God, we know that the very best thing that can happen for Stephen is that he know and love Jesus. We thank you that he seems to be right on track with this most important outcome. We thank you for Joe and Kim and their faithful modelling of love for You. We pray for Stephen that this ACE inhibitor will do it's job and keep Stephen's heart function from declining even more. But, Lord, we pray beyond that, too, that You, the Great Physician would strengthen Stephen's heart. We want Stephen to stay with us a long time on earth to share his joy and the work You are doing in his life.We pray that this is yourwill, too. Please strengthen and comfort Joe and Kim. Give them your wisdom to know how to face this news and how to trust You in this new season. We love You, Lord, and thank You that You walk through all of life with us.

    ReplyDelete