Monday, January 14, 2013

Goodbye 2012...

2012 began with heartbreak, uncertainty and well...fear.  It brought us to our knees, exposed our frailty and taught us to trust in ways we had never imagined.  But it also brought new life, deeper love, and grateful hearts.  Looking back on 2012 there are many moments and days I would never care to relive but with them are ones I will treasure forever. 
We are only 2 weeks into 2013...but so far no complaints.  On January 4th Stephen had a cardiology appointment that was full of only good news.  Everything looks great and he will only need to be followed every 6 months until his next surgery...that means no more appointments until July!  CRAZY!  I again thank you all for your continued prayers.  It has been so encouraging hearing from people and how they faithfully pray for our son. 
On January 4th we also hosted another dinner at the Ronald McDonald with our youth group.  I can only begin to tell you how special that is to us.  I was able to speak with a mom from Menifee whose 6 week old daughter was hospitalized with RSV and will potentially need to undergo an open heart surgery in the future.  She had just checked in and was telling me how welcomed she felt and how when she walked in the door they gave her 2 blankets for her daughters.  My heart was filled with joy.  Those blankets were made with much love by some girls in the youth group and myself.  It was just perfect and felt like one of those "devine appointments".  Joe and I love that we have an opportunity to give back to such a amazing organization and getting to hear that it made a difference to someone made my day =0)
Soon Stephen will be 9 months!  He is crawling, babbling, clapping, blowing bubbles, laughing and shaking his head no.  He loves when we sing to him and bounces and bobs right along.   He is pulling himself up onto furniture and keeps me on my toes as his little hands grab EVERYTHING.  He has 8 teeth now and prefers whatever we are eating to to baby food...so he has already tasted his first pizza.  The only thing he isn't yet doing is walking or sleeping  =0)  
I am looking forward to all of Stephen's firsts that 2013 is going to bring, and as much as I want him to remain my baby forever, it will be a joy to watch him learn and grow.  
Please continue to pray that his heart will be strong and pray that we will all remain healthy during this cold and flu season.  Thank you!  And Happy Belated New Year!






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update...and your words of joy! I continue to pray for Stephen everyday - that God will continue to watch over him as well as heal his heart and give him a long, blessed life! What a joy to see his beautiful smile and his genuine delight in everything around him. And what a delight that the Russell family is being used to share the love of God with so many people because of the gift of Stephen! Praising God with you! Love and blessings, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such grand news! God's faithfulness is so amazing! I still have Stephen's magnet heart, where I see it daily to continue to pray and praise! Blessings!
    Julia (Emily Cofer's mom)

    ReplyDelete