The day you were born I found myself alone in a delivery room trying to recall your features, wishing I could be with you. I did my best to stay strong, to pray and to trust in God, but I was scared and broken and clinging to Jesus.
The day you were born my life was changed. My perspective, my priorities, my desires, my prayers...they were all reshaped that day. Your life taught me what matters most, and where ultimate healing comes from.
The day you were born I had to live out my faith through pain and suffering for the first time. I had to cling to what I knew, not what I felt. At just 9 days old we handed you over to a surgeon knowing that the pain you would endure was necessary for the joy you have today. It was heart-wrenching saying goodbye and giving up all control.
The day you were born I understood your life was a gift bestowed upon your daddy and me and I clung to that knowledge and our hope in Christ. The love we have for you runs deep, yet your heavenly father loves you more.
The day you were born my life became fuller and the world was made brighter.
Today, with a plethora of emotions, I celebrate that day. I celebrate your life. Stephen, you have touched more people in 2 years then some touch in a lifetime. God has used your story and your heart to make an eternal imprint on this world...my life is just one of them. You are strong, brave and ever-joyful. Your smile brightens my darkest days and your joy brings peace to my soul. I pray that joy will never leave you and that the Lord continues to bless you and protect you and strengthen your heart.
Your life has made me a better woman, a better wife and a better mom. I love you Bubba and I am grateful for the day you born!
Happy 2nd Birthday!!!!!
Many thanks to all of you who have continued to pray these past 2 years!!! We know how powerful your prayers are and we are so grateful for you!
Much Love in Christ,
The Russells










God is so good. Every day is a gift with each of our blessings, but sometimes it takes a special person to help us remember that. Happy Birthday awesome dude. You make the world brighter, Stephen!
ReplyDeleteSeriously Kim! Tears at work. He is such a beautiful addition to this world. We love him, and you and lets be honest...all four of your crazy kids.
ReplyDelete