Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter!

Last year our family spent Easter in a hotel.  I had been discharged from the hospital 2 days prior with semi-strict "bedrest" instructions.    As crazy as life was at the time it turned out to be a pretty spectacular day.  My family came down and brought everything for a fabulous Easter dinner.  Luckily the lobby/dining area was empty so we just set up camp...all 16 of us.   I wish I had taken pictures because it was pretty fantastic.
It was fun reminiscing this Easter.   Remembering all little things that made last year perfect.   When I say they brought everything...they did.  My dad even brought their espresso machine.  The boys went over to the basketball court with the kids while the girls talked in the lobby.  When the party thinned out enough to fit in our hotel room we sat and played cards.  
This easter was much the same...minus the setting.   I have a large family who loves being together.  Its hard to spend a day with them and not feel completely blessed.  And whether we spend it at a hotel or my dads house, the meaning of Easter remains the same.  Christ is Risen.  He humbly came to this earth and conquered sin and death.  He is preparing a place for us with no more sadness and no more tears.  The hope that comes with Easter is the hope that makes our earthly trials bearable.  Christ gives meaning to our suffering and hope in this life.
Happy Easter from the Russells...a few days late =0)





No comments:

Post a Comment