Tuesday, September 11, 2012


We just had Stephen's follow up with his cardiologist yesterday and everything is looking great!!!!  
He doesn't have another appointment scheduled until December 21st...that means a 3 1/2 month break!  He will go in at 6:30 that morning for a sedated echo and EKG and then if all is still well he will only be followed by the cardiologist every 6 months.  I can't begin to tell you how odd that will be.   The crazy amount of doctor visits began in pregnancy when I had to drive down to San Diego twice a week for fetal ultrasounds and non stress tests.  There were some weeks when I had to make the drive 3 times.  Then a month hospital stay, 2 months of twice a week nurse visits, monthly cardiology appointments, X-Rays, a Cath Procedure, and another surgery...this break will be sooooo nice!!! 
It is hard to believe all this little guy has been through, but through it all he has been so blessed.  We are so grateful for all of those appointments, as crazy as it has been, because we were blessed with amazing care by some truly great people.  
Stephen is thriving now.  He nows weights 15 1/2 pounds and is LOVING solid foods.  I think he is our only child who scarfed down peas =0)  Sleep has not come yet...we were up 5 or 6 times last night, but he is happy and "healthy" and we are just so glad we have him.    
I need to figure out how to put a video on here because he is a crack up.  He is loud and fun and loves to laugh.  Yesterday he just looked up at his doctor and babbled babbled babbled.  He was a crack up and made the whole office fall in love with him again.  God has given him such a sweet personality.   He is so joyful and smiley and I am just one blessed mommy =0)
Thank you for your continued prayers.
We pray that God would continue to strengthen Stephen's heart and use his story for His glory!

1 comment:

  1. So thankful for the positive news. It was great to be able to see Stephen at church on Sunday. Praising God for His faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete