Monday, June 18, 2012

2 Months Old!

Yesterday Stephen turned 2 months old...it is crazy how fast time flies.  Today he went in for his well baby check-up/ shots visit.  I adore our pediatrician.  She is a sweet Christian women who clearly loves what she does.  She has never cared for a child with his condition but I trust her all the same.   Besides, she doesn't need to be an expert with his heart condition...that is what his cardiologist is for =0)
I can tell she will always lean on the side of caution with him, which I love and appreciate, and she has been in great communication with his other doctors.  We have been very impressed with the coordination of his care.  But mostly I just love that she believes in the power of prayer and truly knows what a little miracle he is.
I am happy to report that he is doing AWESOME!  Our little chunker now weighs 12 lbs 12 ozs...he seriously gained 4 1/2 pounds in just 2 months!!!  We praise God for this remarkable weight gain knowing full well it is an answer to so many prayers.  So far he has tolerated the immunizations well but please pray that he has no side effects/ reactions to any of them.  
Developmentally he is right on track.  He is holding his head up on his own, pushing up with his arms and his tummy and smiling a ton.  He is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen.  This kid smiles all of the time and it isn't a little smirk but a wide open "I love life" kind of smile that just melts your heart. He adores looking up at his siblings and they just can't get enough of him.  
As for prayer requests please pray for his upcoming cath lab on June 29th.  We don't know fully what to expect but please pray that they don't have to "fix" anything while in there and that his pressures are where they would like them to be before the next surgery in about 2 months time.  Also pray that he would not get an infection and would be able to go home that night...thank you!!!
As for us we are all doing well.  Michael finished up preschool and will be a big kindergartner next year.  We have him enrolled in a neat program where he will go to school 3 days a week and I will get to teach him the other 2 days.   Lizzie and Audrey have been spending their days playing "house".  It is a crack up.  Lizzie is the mom and Audrey is the baby and boy do they have their roles down!  Summer is always busy for Joe.  He has programs/events 3 nights a week, 2 weekend retreats and 1 week long trip to mexico.  Usually the kids and I tag along to some of the pool parties and beach days but sadly this summer we will have to miss out.  It is just for a season though and hopefully next summer we will get to be a little part of it all.   I really do miss seeing people and going to church.  The few conversations I have had with people have been so uplifting and I probably talk their ear off since most of my days are spent with 4 kids age 5 and under.   I look forward to the day when we can take him out a little more than we do now and not have to worry as much about germs and such.  
Thank you all for your love, support and prayers.  Your little messages brighten my day...thank you =0)
Here are some pictures form this past week...
Love that double chin!






1 comment:

  1. We miss you, too! We're glad, though, that you're doing what's necessary to keep Stephen well and growing strong.

    ReplyDelete